PharMerica Corporation is a premier institutional pharmacy services provider, dedicated to providing quality patient care and innovative pharmacy solutions to institutional customers and patients in long-term care settings. With nearly $2 billion in annual revenues, PharMerica isone of the nation'slargest institutional pharmacy companies. PharMerica operates more than 100 institutional pharmacies in 45 states and serves nursing facilities that care for approximately 350,000 patients.
PharMerica Louisville is recruiting a Data Entry Pharmacy Technician II to join our team.
The Data Entry Pharmacy Technician II will provide a variety of data entry functions to support clinical and business operations.
- Provides service to patients and customers over the phone
- Identifies and resolves issues of denials or follow-up of claims.
- Enter data into computer system to fill prescriptions and to obtain reimbursement/payment.
- Maintains current knowledge of Medicaid claim regulations and processes.
- Produces reports and keeps management informed of unpaid claims and claims pending follow-up.
- Knowledge of drugs, medical nomenclature, and metric system.
- Read and input written prescriptions and medical data.
- Ability to interpret physicians orders into the computerized med. Order system.
- Ability to perform drug calculations and interpret prescriptions.
- Perform computer system operations; includes order entry, billing, crediting, and updating medical records.
- Input daily orders (new and refills).
- Audits the input versus documentation and makes corrections as required.
- Generates reports as needed.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of experience in LTC required; Data Entry LTC experience a plus
- Knowledge of Medicaid claims regulations and processes. Ability to communicate effectively, work as a member of a team, operate a computer, recognize and identify patient medications, and perform detailed work.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Prior pharmacy experience preferred
- Must beavailable to work varied shifts from 6:30am-3pm and 2pm-10:30pm Monday-Friday and possible weekends (40 hours per week)
Accelerate Your Career with PharMerica!
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 18497997 louisville