Traffic Operations Center Operator 1 (Part Time) - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Louisville,
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 3:33 PM
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking a part-time Traffic Operations Center (TOC) Operator for our Louisville, KY location.
The TOC Operator may work various shifts and may be required to work weekends and holidays. The main shift for this role will be Saturdays and Sundays 6:30pm - 6:30am.
TRIMARC TOC Operators are responsible for assessing all incoming traffic data and determining in real time the content and priority of traffic reports to be disseminated. TRIMARC operators accurately process large volumes of data from a wide variety of sources. TRIMARC operators are the principal contact for many agencies and members of the public. Operators routinely communicate with emergency service personnel and transportation officials representing various agencies in the TRIMARC region.
- Synthesizes information from multiple simultaneous inputs, including automated road sensor data, emergency frequency scanners, two-way radios, CCTV cameras and computer databases.
- An Entry Level TOC Operator will train to become competent in the operation of TransCommander™ software, telecommunications skills, incident location, camera control, CAD monitoring and Freeway Service Patrol dispatch.
- Monitors closed circuit television (CCTV) video monitors.
- Monitors emergency frequency scanners.
- Disseminates traffic information to the motoring public utilizing Dynamic Message Signs, Highway Advisory Radio, the TRIMARC website, social media, 511, print and broadcast media and information service provider partners.
- Communicates effectively with the motoring public and government agencies.
- Maintains radio communications with and directs Freeway Service Patrols.
- Maintains radio and telephone communications with Public Service Agencies.
- Crosschecks static databases regarding construction and special events.
- Provides written reports as required.
- Performs other ancillary duties as determined by management.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=18002820&lang=en
• Location: Louisville
• Post ID: 18984392 louisville