Tennant is a recognized leader in designing, manufacturing and marketing solutions for industrial and commercial markets, with more than $820 million in annual revenues. With a vision to become a global leader in water-based sustainable cleaning and other technologies, Tennant creates innovative solutions, such as our ec-H2O products, that are changing the way the world cleans.
Tennant employees work to create a cleaner, safer, healthier world. Tennant is a company that cares about what it's doing, and the sustainability of its products, and works every day to develop new solutions that clean exceptionally well, but don't damage the environment. Employees of Tennant Company work with a spirit of Stewardship. Very simply, Stewardship is a filter for our actions and decision-making, as we strive to leave things in better condition than when we found them.
The Distribution Center (DC) Operations Supervisor is responsible for the success of assigned functions within a complex distribution center environment to ensure that it is an outstanding place to work. The DC Operations Supervisor may be responsible for the supervision of one or more of the following: inbound Operations (Unloading and Receiving), Small parcel Outbound (Pick & Pack), LTL/TL Outbound Operations (Loading), or Inventory Control. The DC Operations Supervisor works with the Distribution Center Manager to develop strategies and objectives to maximize productivity and leverage expenses for the Tennant Company distribution center.
- Manage a team of 25-30 hourly direct reports.
- Analyze trends, solve problems and motivate and develop themselves and associates in order to maximize contribution to the DC success.
- Assist the DC Manager with the evaluation of the effectiveness of and recommends alternatives for work methods, procedures, controls and staffing to achieve accurate and timely movement and processing of product; manage to ensure warehouse layout is optimally aligned for maximum efficiency as seasonality and inventory needs require.
- Assist with the DCs financial, operational, people and quality related objectives to drive continuous improvement and efficiency gains to reduce overall costs
- Coach, train and develop associates informally and through formal training programs, providing both informal (verbal) and formal (written) job performance based feedback. Ensure a culture of safety throughout the organization by following policies and procedures-monitor DC safety, physical security and operational metrics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
Require Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma OR GED required
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of previous leadership/supervisory experience in a Distribution environment
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing initiatives preferred
- Strong leadership skills including:
- Effective communication skills with staff and peers.
- Ability to lead process improvement initiatives.
- Ability to motivate employees and drive change.
- Pro-active engagement with employees.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to concentrate on tasks, make decisions and work calmly and effectively in a high-pressure, deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships, both internally and externally, while maintaining a client service orientation.
- Ability to use sound judgment and discretion in dealing with highly confidential information
Equal Opportunity Employer
Tennant Company is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of individual skill, ability, reliability, productivity, and other factors important to performance. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other basis protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 19056872 louisville